Oklahoma's National Register of Historic Places

Use your browser's back button to return to the query.

ID Number 2000655
Historic Name BANK OF NASHVILLE
Description of Significance THE BANK OF NASHVILLE IS A TWO-STORY BRICK BUILDING WITH A CANTED CORNER ENTRANCE. THIS BUILDING IS THE ONLY EXTANT TWO STORY BUILDING REMAINING IN THIS RURAL TOWN. CONSTRUCTED IN 1905 IN A VERNACULAR COMMERCIAL STYLE TYPICAL OF NUMEROUS WESTERN AGRICULTURAL COMMUNITIES IN THE EARLY YEARS OF THE TWENTIETH CENTURY, THE BANK REFLECTS THE SOLID BUT SIMPLE ASPIRATIONS OF THE COMMUNITY. LISTED IN NATIONAL REGISTER 6/20/2002. DEMOLISHED.
Current Name FARMERS AND MERCHANTS BANK; FARMERS STATE BANK
Address SW CORNER JUNCTION US HWY 64 AND MAIN AVENUE
City NASH
County GRANT
Lot 15
Block 53, ORIGINAL TOWNSITE
Current Section
Township
Range
Type BUILDING
Historic Function COMMERCE/TRADE: FINANCIAL INSTITUTION
Current Function WORK IN PROGRESS
Area Signficance 1 ARCHITECTURE
Area Significance 2
Date Prepared FEBRUARY 2002
Year Built 1905
Original Site YES
Architect/Builder UNKNOWN
Architectural Style COMMERCIAL STYLE
Roof Material ASPHALT
Wall Material BRICK
Window Material WOOD
Door Material WOOD; METAL
Decorative Details BRICK CORBELS
Condition POOR
Comments DEMOLITION CONFIRMED 2017
Restricted N